The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty.
Through research, policy, collaboration and practical solutions, we aim to inspire action and change that will create a prosperous UK without poverty, where:
• more people want to solve poverty, understand it and take action
• everyone has a decent, affordable home in a good place
• everyone has a good living standard and prospects
• more people find a route out of poverty through work
• more people find a route out of poverty through a better system of social security.
We are working with private, public and voluntary sectors, and people with lived experience of poverty, to build on the recommendations in our comprehensive strategy – We can solve poverty in the UK – and loosen poverty’s grip on people who are struggling to get by.