Great opportunity to join an international specialist insurer and reinsurer.
Hiscox provide market leading products and excellent service to individuals and businesses with unusual and often complicated insurance needs. Based in York, offering a fun and flexible working environment.
This role is a great mix of commercial and technical, and is a really exciting opportunity for you to make an impact!
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for the day to day management and on-going customer experience optimisation of hiscox.co.uk and associated direct to consumer websites. This encompasses the end-to-end journey from arrival to purchase including associated conversion activities. The objective is to maximise the return on acquisition spend while maintaining a best in class user experience across all devices.
- Assist UX and Optimisation Manager in defining and delivering the user experience for new websites, as well as optimisation of existing sites
- Must be confident creating prototypes, wireframes, storyboards etc.
- Should be comfortable using Axure or similar prototyping tools and have experience with
Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must be experienced with A/B and MVT testing for optimising online conversion through to sale
- Will need to be comfortable communicating ideas to senior product stakeholders (Marketing, Underwriting, Operations, IT)
- Advanced knowledge of website content delivery via DRUPAL and using AGILE methodology
- Work closely with IT to define and deliver the user experience from definition through to delivery.
- Including review and testing of the changes throughout the development period.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in user experience role or similar
- Excellent knowledge of user centred design methodologies (wireframing, requirements gathering, expert review)
- Strong experience using DRUPAL and AGILE methodology
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise in a self-managing style and ensure deadlines are hit – Agile experience is an asset
- Confident and articulate communicator
- Experience of working with multiple key stakeholders, including senior management, digital agencies and other online team members.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing external agencies to deliver user experience
- Experience managing websites through content management systems (Drupal experience an advantage)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, as this is a central skill in evaluating website performance issues, and quantifying their impact
- A working knowledge of website tag management tools
- Copywriting and visual design experience are an asset
- A working understanding of other online areas including PPC and SEO
- Work with key business stakeholders to define website changes
- When required, work with IT to assess the effort required to effect change, making pragmatic decisions regarding scope and approach
Monitoring Effectiveness of the hiscox.co.uk website
- Monitor web analytics dashboards and KPIs for signs of business performance issues
- Monitor key business metrics (Visits, Quote interaction, Completed quotes, Sales, Average Premium etc.) against plan, investigating deviations as required
Identifying problems and evaluating their impact
- Based on the monitoring (above), investigate potential problems
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine cause(s) of reduction in website business performance
To apply for this job, please email your CV asap to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer £35,000- £45,000
- Experience 2 - 5 Years
- Send CVs to: email@example.com