Hiscox UK is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.
The contract role is expected to last for 6 months during a period of transition within the team. It’s main focus is to assist with the month end processes, including the processing and posting of manual adjustments to the ledger, and to improve upon, rebuild or create from scratch new workings files and MI that can be used by management. We also provide data for the actuarial team and these processes are also subject to change.
We coordinate inputs from Actuarial, Underwriting systems and several other sources to produce accounting data, and act as a service provider to Business unit finance teams around the world, and Management. Frequently talking with them and understanding their processes and concerns is key to performing at our best, and the ability to talk from perspectives other than pure accountancy will be rewarding way to engage with these teams.
What you’ll be doing in the role
• Quickly pick up several month end processes, completing them to timetable.
• Complete the monthly reporting of Syndicate numbers.
• Investigate and answer queries raised by business units.
• Work with the project team to review reconciliations between ledger and DWH and post any reconciling differences.
• Liaise with the reserving team and provide quarterly data.
• Develop and Build new MI that is structured, clear and accessible.
• Produce and maintain key controls and data governance documentation.
• Use system and process knowledge to streamline existing models to keep up with ever tighter reporting deadlines.
• Support Change projects in the finance function, with planning, testing and implementation.
• Extract and manipulate large data sets in various systems, analyse and interpret data and post relevant journals.
- A qualified accountant – ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
- Lloyd’s syndicate insurance experience is a must have.
- Strong system and IT skills, able to pick up new systems with little guidance.
- Confident communicator who builds good relationships across the business.
- Strong numeracy skills with ability to interpret data.
- High attention to detail and passionate about the quality of financial information produced.
- Ability to learn very quickly and contribute ideas and solutions to the change projects in Finance.
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems in a creative way.
- Salary Offer £450-£550 day rate