Salary: circa £50,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time
Location: Hybrid – combination of London office and remote working
Here at London Marathon Events (LME) we live our values: Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio: The Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10,000, RideLondon, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine – and, of course, the TCS London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London and across the UK.
As a team, we passionately believe in our vision of Inspiring Activity both through our events, our CSR programmes and for our staff, and we see sport as a force for good. Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events and our work.
Every year, our trading surplus is passed to our parent charity, The London Marathon Charitable Trust, which shares our vision of inspiring activity and awards grants to projects across the UK that enable people of all ages and abilities to become and remain active.
We are passionate about making London Marathon Events a great place to work that’s diverse, fair and inclusive for our people. We do everything we can to help everyone be their best.
So, if you’re ready to be a force for good, lead change and want to make a difference to society, keep reading.
The Role and Responsibilities
3 October saw the return of the London Marathon to its traditional route on the streets of London. After twelve years as “title” Virgin Money will be replaced by global IT services, consulting, and business solutions organization – Tata Consultancy Services – under a multi-year agreement.
Existing partners that were due for renewal have extended and new blue chip partners have come on board. As we look forward to 2022 and our long term investments in digital and data come to fruition, the London Marathon Events team is now set to kick on by launching major new events and expanding the commercial partner base. This role is part of that expansion.
Reporting to the Head of Sponsorship Sales, this is a thinking sales-person’s role so you will be experienced in selling creative, high value, content driven digital and event sponsorship solutions.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Target & secure medium to large size Brands to join the London Marathon Events (LME) family of commercial partners
- Develop long term relationships with leading Brands
- Actively develop new leads through your own network and new marketing campaigns
- Work with Head of Sponsorship Sales and LME Event leads on sales strategy and long term Sponsorship goals for each Event within the LME portfolio
- To provide the Head of Sponsorship Sales with regular updates on sales activity, meetings and pipelines
- Consultative/creative selling skills based on identifying a company’s objectives rather than focusing just on the property’s strengths
Skills & Experience
- 3 years+ Sports Sponsorship/ Sports Agency sales experience
- New Business Hunter with a proven track record in closing Sponsorship Deals with leading brands on behalf of Premium Rights Holders
- A dynamic, proactive self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Well-developed teamwork & influencing skills, with demonstrated empathy and integrity
- Collaborative and inclusive, able to work effectively with colleagues across the business to enable collective success
- A strategic mindset that enjoys problem solving
- Strong IT proficiency including with PowerPoint and other Office package
- A passion for and understanding of the running, swimming and cycling mass participation market
- Experience of using Dynamics 365 and/or Salesforce to effectively manage sponsors and opportunities would be an advantage.
- Education to degree-level or equivalent
What do we have on offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a Christmas shutdown
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- Wellbeing allowance
- Personal health insurance
- Excellent employer contributions into our pension scheme
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing flexible working options, provided we can balance your needs with those of our customers. We’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process to accommodate your needs, feel free to contact our People and Culture Team who will be happy to support you.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter containing your current salary details and reasons why you see this is the perfect role for you.
Apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
The closing date for applications is 5 November 2021.
- Salary Offer circa £50,000 per annum