Contract: 6-month fixed term contract
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
Widely reported declines in wild bee species worldwide are placing pollination services under threat. This decline is a particular challenge to agriculture and horticulture, where pollination is key to producing many major crops such as soft fruits, top fruits and nuts. These challenges require innovative and diverse solutions to supplement pollination services. Flies, especially hoverflies, have proven potential as crop pollinators and yet are underutilised in agricultural practice. Olombria works with flies as crop pollinators using precision agriculture and combining technological and ecological systems.
We love candidates who have a passion for developing innovative solutions and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You will use your technical expertise to work with an interdisciplinary team of designers, scientists, and researchers to build the next generation of agricultural IoT solutions.
If engineering is your ‘thing’ and you’re looking to join an exciting, female-led start-up and change the world in a pretty fly way, this is the job for you.
- Play a key role in technical projects across interdisciplinary teams
- Provide assistance in growing a dynamic and innovative engineering team
- Make technical decisions within the engineering team and working with senior management
- Master’s Degree in Software / Computer / Systems Engineering or equivalent in experience
- Hands-on experience with building customer solutions or demos
- A good understanding of data processing
- Experience in Cloud Systems (Google Cloud Platform or AWS preferred)
- Knowledge of database architecture, migration, performance & sizing
- Advanced programming skills (Python, Java, C / C++)
- A flexible and dynamic approach to development
We are an inclusive organisation, if you need further support to apply for the role, if you would like to discuss the role in more detail or find out more about us, please contact Dom Szczecinski in the Inclusive Recruiting team who is supporting us with this important hire. Call 07708 470947 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer £40,000 - £50,000 pa