Salary: £55,000 per annum
Location: Fully remote until January 2022, then Manchester office based 2-3 days/week
Lonza is the preferred global partner to the pharmaceutical, biotech and nutrition markets. They focus on enabling treatments that prevent illness and support healthier lifestyles, optimising scientific innovation and manufacturing technology to enable their customers to serve their patients and consumers.
Provide support to the Head of Technical Accounting primarily on the preparation of the statutory accounts, local legal requirements and tax compliance for Lonza entities across EMEA.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Tax Compliance. Responsible for tax compliance (with support from an external provider) and implementing and maintaining tax / transfer pricing strategy locally under guidance from the group tax team.
- Statutory accounting and compliance, including IFRS to local GAAP reconciliations.
- Business Case support. Assist with corporate projects (eg RDEC / grants / simplification / pension matters / dividend repatriation)
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to cash flow forecasting, insurance renewals, banking approvals, internal controls execution.
- Liaison with external providers, including external auditors, banks, and tax authorities.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills:
Education: Graduate or equivalent professional qualification
Preferred area of study: Business Studies / Accountancy
Experience : Accounting with some tax experience (preferably related to Belgium and/or France would be a bonus)
Fully Qualified ACA or ACCA, or equivalent tax qualification.
Financial accounting including IFRS / SAP / HFM, tax accounting, knowledge of European (ideally French/Belgian) tax legislation.
Business level speaking in Dutch or German language would be beneficial (but not essential).
Experience with SAP and HFM preferable.
Self-motivated, innovative and open to learning other functions and participating in projects.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can reach out to Haleema Latif in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer £55,000 per annum