Salary: circa £40,000 per annum (35 hours/week)
Contract type: Fixed Term until 31 July 2022
Working hours: Unsociable hours (evenings/weekends) are needed at certain times of the year
Who are we?
Here at London Marathon Events, we live our values – Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do, and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio, including: The Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10,000, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Swim Serpentine, not to mention the TCS London Marathon and TCS Mini London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London and across the UK. As a team we very much believe in our vision of inspiring activity both with our staff and all our customers and view sport as a force for good.
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events, and we want to ensure they are at the heart of our company. We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
To engage with resident, business and community networks about the upcoming RideLondon-Essex events, ensuring that communities in Essex are informed and aware of the event impacts.
Reports to: Head of Communications and TV
Responsibilities will include:
- To plan and deliver an engagement strategy for communities in Essex affected by the event.
- Become the point of contact for all local communications and dissemination of information.
- Plan and undertake regular local engagement meetings where required and attend local forums.
- This may include organising and delivery of drop-in sessions across the county.
- Create/manage a database of contacts that can be used to cascade regular information and event updates (e.g., newsletters if appropriate)
- Overseeing the production of public facing documents as required. Manage the distribution process to ensure awareness and coverage of our events.
- Working closely with the LME operations team to understand the impact of the events and communicate this efficiently.
- Communicate concerns and issues to LME and work with LME to resolve local concerns.
- Exploring new opportunities to communicate residents and businesses (social media, Essex CC channels).
- Explore opportunities for community involvement in the event (e.g., volunteering, activations etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Essex and a proven track record of successful engagement with communities across the county.
- Stakeholder management – ability to communicate to a variety of audiences, including local boroughs, residents, businesses and community groups.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – ability to convey lots of information or complex detail so the public understand the impact to them.
- Persuasive team player – must be comfortable working with different teams across LME and ECC, from operations to brand and customer services.
- An understanding of the impact closed road events have on residents and business audiences is desirable.
- Embody LME’s core values; Integrity, Inspiration, Excellence, Together and Fun.
- Approachable, patient, and a good listener.
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
- Excellent organisational an presentation skills
- A positive personality is all important in this role.
This is a fixed-term contract until 31 July 2022. Unsociable hours (evenings/weekends) are needed at certain times of the year. A knowledge and experience of delivering cycling and running events is also desired.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Involvement behind the scenes on event days
- Inspiring company culture and values
- 8% of qualifying pensionable earnings as employer contributions into our pension scheme
- Private medical care
- £480 annual wellbeing allowance
- Standard working hours: 9am to 5pm
- Flexible working to take account of individual’s needs
- Salary dependent on experience
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing flexible working options, provided we can balance your needs with those of our customers. We’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process to accommodate your needs, feel free to contact our People Team who will be happy to support you.
Apply for this exciting career move via the button below. Please forward your CV by 31 January 2022 along with details of your current salary and a detailed covering letter showcasing why this is the right role for you.
To discuss the role, please also feel free to reach out directly to Priscilla Ross in the Inclusive Recruiting team on 07740 546099 or email email@example.com.
- Salary Offer circa £40,000 per annum (35 hours/week)