Here at London Marathon Events we live our values – Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio – The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10,000, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine, not to mention the Virgin Money London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London. As a team we very much believe in our vision of inspiring activity both with our staff and all our customers and view sport as a force for good.
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events and we want to ensure they are at the heart of our company. So, if you’re ready to be a force for good, lead change and want to make a difference to society, keep reading.
About the role
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for creating and delivering the business case for ‘Unlimited’ for Board Approval.
‘Unlimited’ is a brand-new and innovative concept which revolves around London Marathon Events offering a paid-for subscription service to access certain digital content. The successful candidate will develop the detailed plan with initial ideas including:
- Training content and support
- Community engagement
- Affiliate programs (discounts etc)
- Exclusive content
- Premium access to offers / events
Your role will be to pull together existing documentation and concepts along with new ideas to develop this account concept.
You will need to understand the investment case and be confident in developing a financial model to ensure that the investment represents value for money.
You will work with senior stakeholders to draw different ideas together to create a business plan that can revolutionise how London Marathon Events inspires activity through digital methods.
You will need to understand commercial opportunities and restrictions (e.g. sponsorship obligations), technical requirements (working with internal team members and third-party suppliers) to understand the architecture to deliver this service.
You will be comfortable designing MVP solutions and testing them to tweak and improve the service over time. Not only will you need to map out how to deliver the solution but you will also embed a process of learning and improving that allows the solution to be developed in an agile manner.
This will culminate in the delivery of this business case to our Board for investment approval in late Q3 / Q4 2021. The next phase of this project will be determined then.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of successfully creating digital offerings for business growth
- Proven project management skills
- Awareness and understanding of inspiring activity / health and wellness. Particularly Running, Cycling and Swimming.
- Knowledge and experience of insightful Market Research
- Financial awareness (with the ability to build a financial forecast including cashflow and P&L)
- Knowledge of Sitecore would also be an adavantage
What do we have on offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits:
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a ten calendar day Christmas shutdown
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- Wellbeing allowance and pPersonal Health insurance on passing probation
- Market-leading employer contributions into our pension scheme
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing flexible working options, provided we can balance your needs with those of our customers. We’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process to accommodate your needs, feel free to contact our People and Culture Team who will be happy to support you.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
- Salary Offer £45,000 pro rata