Salary: Band 6, £20,909 – £25,857 FTE plus London Weighting if appropriate
Location: Newcastle or London, UK/Homeworking
Hours: 37 per week, flexible
Traidcraft Exchange works for trade and climate justice. In South Asia and East Africa, we support farmers, workers and artisans to benefit from more sustainable and equitable trade, and in the UK we advocate and campaign for changes to business practices and government policy.
It is an exciting time to join our organisation. Following a strategic review, we are embarking on a process of change to shift more power to groups in the global south, and to rethink the way we work in the UK. We are committed to equality and providing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, including people with disabilities and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
About the role
The role will be part of the Partnerships and Investment Team. This team raises funds in the UK and internationally for newly defined portfolios of work, and match funding for large multi-year development programmes. The team will approach trusts and foundations, institutional donors, high net worth individuals, community groups, companies and social enterprises. Your role will be to identify, secure and maintain funding partnerships predominantly with trusts and foundations for our new portfolios and existing programmes. The role will also coordinate the team, carrying out administrative and other team support functions.
The purpose the Partnerships & Investment Coordinator is to identify, create and maintain partnerships with trusts and foundations in order to build funds. The role will also coordinate team processes.
At Traidcraft Exchange every member of staff is required to support our efforts to build our reputation, fundraise where they can and advocate on issues we campaign on. Everyone is an ambassador; everyone is an advocate; everyone is a fundraiser.
You will have experience in trust and foundation fundraising, with evidence of having stewarded grants as well as some success of securing 4-figure grants. You will have the ability to self-motivate, plan and prioritise, write compelling grant applications, and be comfortable engaging with donors on the phone or in (online) meetings. You will know your way around a CRM database and appreciate the importance of keeping accurate records. The team will rely on you to keep us organised and we may call on you to assist us with a variety of tasks. Teamwork is very important, but at the same time we need you to be able to work independently.
- Complete compelling partnership/funding proposals in line with the organisational strategy and the Partnerships and Investment strategy
- Specifically attract new funders and secure commitment of funds both from the UK and internationally
- Contribute to the co-ordination of the Partnerships and Investment team and support colleagues to reach agreed targets
- Promote effective and efficient working practices, team work and collaboration across team functions
- Maintain a well-designed pipeline of funding opportunities, including conducting prospect research
- Ensure Traidcraft Exchange reports transparently and as required by donors on funding received
- Respond to donor queries and revise proposals and reports as
- Prepare regular donor mailings as required
- Organise high level networking and small cultivation events and activities
- Build and manage relationships with colleagues, funders and sector experts to support the work of Traidcraft Exchange
- Maintain and grow a network of public and private sector organisations to complement the specialisms of Traidcraft Exchange and to resource our work
- Produce periodic internal fundraising reports as required
- Continually seek and act upon opportunities for personal and team development
- Carry out other duties, which may or may not be related to the job, as reasonably requested by colleagues
Who we are looking for:
- An experienced, dynamic and skilled fundraiser with proven track record of fundraising within at least one of the following fundraising disciplines: trusts / foundations / institutional.
- Experienced in developing new trusts/foundations/institutional funding engagement plans and securing new income.
- A detail person skilled at prospect research and persuasive writing, with the ability to liaise confidently, persuasively and diplomatically with donors and colleagues.
- Someone who can work independently, creatively and flexibly.
- Someone who can engage with colleagues to decide how to work together and how to succeed.
- Someone who is prepared to embrace challenges and contribute solutions
- Ready, willing and able to represent our mission, our values and our uniqueness in every part of your job.
- Prepared to embrace challenges you may not naturally find easy.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
Experience & Skills
• Demonstrable recent and relevant trust, foundations or institutional fundraising experience, ideally upwards of 2 years
• A proven track record of securing significant new business
• A proven track record developing, maintaining and growing a healthy portfolio of funders
• Effective networker
• Excellent organisation, research and planning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
• A team-player approach – making decisions for the best of the organisation rather than for individual or section targets
• High level of computer literacy
• Relevant fundraising qualification or a degree in a relevant subject
• Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas
• Personal commitment to justice and fairness
Whilst Traidcraft Exchange is a Christian response to poverty, we welcome applicants from all faiths or none. We would particularly welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. We do ask that all staff members respect the Christian vision, ethos and culture of the organisation.
Interested? Further details including a full job description and application form can be found on our website at www.traidcraft.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date for applications: 9am on Thursday 26th May, 2022
Provisional date for interviews: w/c June 6th 2022
- Salary Offer Band 6 £20,909 - £25,857 per annum, plus London Weighting if appropriate