Location: Remote (can be based anywhere in the UK)
Salary: £33,000 pro rata
Hours: 2 days per week; 12 months fixed term
Benefits: 7.5% employer matched pension after probation, flexible working, 28 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays and Dec 26th – Dec 31st), staff development budget
Reporting to: KIN Executive Director
ABOUT THE ROLE
The past year has been an incredible year of growth for KIN, in which our focus has been developing a sustainable infrastructure organisation; building out organisational infrastructure, policies, practices and processes for the long-term, in order to support our future connective work for Black liberation. This has included establishing governance, operations systems, a three-year strategy, reconnecting with KIN’s network, finance, fundraising and planning our upcoming gatherings!
This role is essential to ensuring the organisation’s core operations run smoothly and are managed to a high standard. You will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that HR policies and procedures are executed to a high level of quality inside the organisation and are in line with KIN’s values. You will also support KIN staff with activities related to fundraising and day-to-day finance tasks. You are a people person, and understand the importance of attention to detail.
- Day to day financial management: working closely with our external finance team, Moneypad, to manage routine finance and fundraising tasks, such as checking pay run for accuracy, payroll updates, following up outstanding invoices, processing incoming expenses and invoices, and checking information on fundraising, checking data is accurately stored and actioned by relevant staff members etc.
- HR and governance: Process paperwork for routine HR matters and policy implementation, including annual appraisals.
- Data management: Ensure data concerning staff and key KIN stakeholders (e.g. board and KIN’s community) is stored in GDPR compliant way
- Events support: Working closely with staff and contractors to provide logistical support for KIN’s events
- Operations liaison: Supporting new members of staff and contractors with their understanding of KIN’s policies and procedures.
- Ad hoc ops support: Be responsive to additional operational projects that could arise from time to time
- Team work: Play an active part in the whole KIN team, contributing to organisation-wide plans Key Skills and Experience Essential
- Experience of implementing HR procedures to a high standard and in an efficient manner
- Experience working with any of the following; budgeting tools, invoicing processes, procurement processes
- Proactive and well organised, with close attention to detail
We particularly encourage applicants of African or Caribbean descent, especially those who are from outside of London, or identify as disabled, queer, trans or as a person who has migrated.
Please apply via the button below. For a chat about the role, you can also reach out directly to Priscilla Ross in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Call 0203 397 8333 or email email@example.com.
- Salary Offer £33,000 pro rata
- Experience 0 - 2 Years
- Application Link
- Send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org