Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, preferably over 4 – 5 days Monday to Friday.
Salary: Band 3 – £36, 979 to £48,445 FTE
Traidcraft Exchange works for trade and climate justice. In South Asia and East Africa, we support farmers, workers and artisans to benefit from more sustainable and equitable trade, and in the UK we advocate and campaign for changes to business practices and government policy.
It is an exciting time to join our organisation. Following a strategic review, we are embarking on a process of change to shift power to groups in the global south, and to rethink the way we work in the UK. We are committed to equality and providing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, including disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
We are looking to recruit for a newly created role of Management Accountant. Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts, understanding variances and liaising with international teams. You will need to be comfortable in preparing consolidated accounts, have an understanding of foreign exchange and its risks, and be an excellent communicator. Experience of preparing budgets and forecasts is essential as is knowledge of the SORP and preparing accounts in Charitable format.
As Management Accountant you will work closely with Traidcraft Exchange’s Finance team to deliver timely and accurate management information to the leadership team, committees and board. At Traidcraft Exchange every member of staff is required to support our efforts to build our reputation, fundraise where they can and advocate on issues we campaign on. Our values underpin what we do and how we do it in all areas of our work; both internally and externally. Everyone is an ambassador; everyone is an advocate; everyone is a fundraiser.
- To ensure the timely and accurate preparation of management reports for Traidcraft Exchange.
- Production of monthly consolidated management accounts including variance analysis and review with COO.
- Cashflow monitoring and forecasting.
- Preparation and organisation of year end audit.
- Periodically arrange external audits for overseas offices and projects.
- Work with the COO to prepare the annual budget and mid-year reforecast.
- Maintain and update internal financial controls including the annual review of the Financial Procedures Manual.
- Quarterly VAT preparation and submission.
- Regular monitoring of foreign exchange rates.
- Management of UK based Finance Assistant.
- Provide support to international finance teams.
You will be:
- A qualified or part qualified accountant.
- A highly organised and motivated team player with a desire to develop and learn.
- A problem solver with excellent analytical skills.
- Reliable – delivering and obtaining outcomes on time.
- A self-starter who will drive improvement and excellence in financial management.
You will have:
- Detailed knowledge of financial accounting in a charity setting, including preparation of financial statements in line with the current SORP.
- Experience of preparing and presenting management accounting information.
- Experience of financial audits.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate well with international colleagues.
- Experience of Sage products, preferably Sage 200.
- Knowledge of VAT partial exemption.
You may have:
- Line management experience.
- Financial donor reporting.
Whilst Traidcraft Exchange is a Christian response to poverty, we welcome applicants from all faiths or none. We do ask that all staff members respect the Christian vision, ethos and culture of the organisation.
Interested? Further details including a full job description and application form can be found on our website at www.traidcraft.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date for applications: 9am 30th August 2022
Provisional date for interviews: 8th September 2022