Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
Location: Slough, UK – Hybrid working
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The LIMS Specialist will play a key role in acting as the system administrator for laboratory informatics systems (LIMS). Tasked with overseeing the effective use of electronic systems to ensure quality, compliance and improved data management, this role will also involved identifying and developing strategic advances in data management technologies which will enable the function to improve it’s operations.
- Perform computerised laboratory systems administration duties .e.g. access management, role permissions, system audit trail review
- Mine data from software applications used within the department for investigations, reporting, metrics and trending
- Liaise with global stakeholders to align on electronic systems strategies and improvements
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies; lead and implement software development projects to support operational improvements
- Support issues with software systems in support of other sites in the network through using own knowledge and skills
- Maintain master data of the LIMS system as required
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is available for GMP compliance via preparation and revision of relevant operational and validation documentation for computerized laboratory systems
- Support the electronic batch release process
- Represent the department at appropriate global laboratory project team meetings, customer and regulatory inspections.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Lab Systems (LIMS)
- Understands complexities of Computer System Validation (CSV) and the documentation associated with this
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively across various formats
- Able to create reports and data information to support strategic activity
- Previous involvement with implementation and deployment of new technologies and processes would be hugely advantageous
- Team player, however also confident working independently
- Meticulous and well-organized, able to prioritize tasks and requests appropriately
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Please apply via the button below. For a chat about the role, please reach out to Dom Szczecinski in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Call 0203 397 8333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer up to £45,000 per annum