Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer – PayTech to join us and actively contribute to the overall success of the company. This is the perfect opportunity to step up to the plate, take ownership of this key role and showcase your capabilities to make a real impact. Your primary objectives will be to lead the build of elegant, performant, maintainable, operable and secure Golang microservices, to help design and architect our systems and to develop and to continue the journey of continuous improvement to make the team the best that it can be.
What your day will involve:
- Delivering clean, architecturally sound and maintainable server-side code; bonus points for full-stack development experience
- Collaborating with stakeholders in the company to rapidly build-measure-learn a world-class product
- Working with our Agile Delivery Managers to constantly iterate on the company’s development processes
- Motivating the team past roadblocks to make sure we are shipping features as effectively as possible
- Guiding design discussions; being the voice of experience with helping the team balance flexibility, expediency and scalability & performance
- Contributing to the current move away from monolithic architecture to microservices
- Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
- Keeping a keen eye on the future, whilst making sure we’re proactively but pragmatically tackling technical debt
- 6+ years of software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of more than one software language among Golang, Java, C++, with Go experience preferable but not essential
- Experience of building microservices; ideally deployed in Docker containers on Kubernetes
- Experience of agile development practices
- Experience with RDBMS & NoSQL datastores
- Bonus points for previous payments experience, especially with card processing and/or real-time payment systems
- Ability to diagnose problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS)
- Demonstrable experience of building large concurrent applications
- Experience of developing and running large scale production environments in or closely with DevOps / SRE
- A genuine interest in working in a fast-paced start up and ideally Fintech
- Voracious appetite for learning
To apply for this role please visit https://www.curve.com/careers/ to complete an online application.
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience 5 - 10 Years