Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time, Temporary until December 2021
Here at London Marathon Events we live our values – Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and FUN. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and so is reflected through our successful event every year – The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10,000, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine, not to mention the Virgin Money London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our home town of London. As a team we very much believe in our vision of inspiring activity both with our staff and all our customers and view sport as a force for good.
Inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of everything we do. So, if you’re ready to be part of one of the greatest mass participation events companies in the world, keep reading.
The HR Advisor / HR Officer is a key position in London Marathon Events with the purpose of driving an exceptional people experience for all staff working with and for London Marathon Events and London Marathon Charitable Trust, across the entire employee life cycle.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be a self-starter who enjoys a varied role and cares about creating an environment for people to perform at their best.
Recruitment & Selection:
- Support line managers with screening and interviewing candidates
- Arranging interviews between candidates and line managers using Outlook Calendars and Microsoft Teams
- Managing the entire process from start to offer and onboarding
- Monitoring and processing the Colour Me profiling system for candidates
- Processing and managing the UCheck system to process DBS Forms
Engagement and Internal Communications:
- Keep staff informed of key people information
Diversity & Inclusion:
- Work closely with Head of Community Engagement on D&I initiatives
- Update policies where appropriate
- Support on staff survey action plans
Learning & Development:
- Ensure legislative requirements are met
- Ensure all staff have meaningful PDP and encourage staff in delivering the Ways of Working
- Support staff in booking training courses
- Liaison with the Finance team to update changes for the monthly payroll submission
- Keep the monthly Wellbeing tracker up to date
- Process and update the Childcare Voucher system every month
- Inform payroll of Pension changes
- Private Healthcare & EAP admin
- Wellbeing allowance processing
- Pension liaison with Lighthouse Group
- Advise leaders, managers and staff on people issues at an early stage
- Manage any Employee Relations cases as necessary
- Help with staff Training needs
- Processing purchase orders and invoices with the Procurement and Accounts Team
- Keeping employee records and organisation charts up to date
- Managing the leaver process – undertake exit interviews, produce leaving letter, updating system, org charts and informing payroll
Skills & Experience
- Qualified at CIPD Level 5 or above
- Efficiently and sensitively handling the initial stages of individual and collective consultations
- Handling employee relations issues
- Benefits administration
- People/HR function experience
- Liaising with Payroll providers
- Using HR Systems (such as People HR)
- Building strong relationships at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Flexible working approach
What do we have on offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits:
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a ten-day Christmas shutdown
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- Wellbeing allowance*
- Personal Health insurance*
- Excellent employer contributions into our pension scheme
*Once probation period has been completed
London Marathon Events Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability and age. Ethnic minority groups, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, disabled people and religious and faith groups are currently under-represented across the organisation, we would encourage applications from members of these groups.
We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing flexible working options, provided we can balance your needs with those of our customers. We’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process to accommodate your needs, feel free to contact our People Team who will be happy to support you.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
- Salary Offer £25,000 - £30,000 per annum