Where: London / Manchester
Type: This role has been designed as full time (40 hrs) however we can offer flexibility and welcome applications for reduced or part time hours. Please state this on your application.
Expected Start Date: October 2021
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000
SPEKTRIX is a growing collection of creative problem solvers, arts lovers and tech enthusiasts working to help arts and cultural organisations achieve their ambitions to connect and deepen relationships with their audiences. We’re doing this through a combination of cloud-based software and consultative customer support that empowers cultural organisations to grow revenue, increase efficiency, and build stronger relationships with audiences. We are always looking for new ways to approach problems, share knowledge, and better serve the organisations we work with. You’d be joining a team of over 120, based across our New York, London and Manchester offices and working with over 550 cultural organisations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
We’re looking for someone who wants to spearhead change in the entertainment industry and set new Spektrix clients up for success with our world-leading ticketing, marketing and fundraising software.
As well as being the key contact for our newest clients as they undergo a software revolution, as an Implementation Project Manager you’ll be coordinating with team members from across Spektrix, as well as our clients’ teams and third parties. We aim to deliver brand new Spektrix systems to our newest clients on time and crucially in a way that helps them reach their business goals and raise their ticketed and voluntary revenue – and you’ll play a major role in this.
Whilst formal Project Management experience isn’t a necessity (though it can’t hurt), you’ll have a hunger to learn, won’t be afraid of a tough conversation or challenging timeline and most importantly you’ll want to see positive change in our sector.
- Coordinate everything to do with a Spektrix implementation – establishing and managing a project plan that includes data migration, testing, training, web integration and system set-up.
- Be a change specialist, working with our clients to update their processes so they can make the most of Spektrix’s revenue-generating and time-saving tools across their organisation.
- Be a data guru – we’ll help you get your head around large quantities of data and make sure it’s being migrated thoroughly and accurately from legacy systems into Spektrix.
- Liaise with our Data Migration engineers to manage clients through the data migration process.
- Liaise with the Support Training and Consultancy Team to ensure that they’re up to speed, ready to pick up training and prepared to hit the ground running after the client has gone live.
- Provide onsite and remote support through the system go-live period, being an ambassador for Spektrix throughout our clients’ first days of using the system.
- Sharing best practice with our clients, aiming for them to be operating as efficiently and smartly as possible.
- Seeking and sharing insights and feedback in project reviews that aid in future implementation work.
- Be well-versed on all things Spektrix, keeping up to date with the sales pipeline, new features and what our clients are up to. We’ll work with you to get you up to speed with our system and how it’s used by our clients in your onboarding period.
You should have
- Great organisational skills and experience of running projects in previous roles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you need to manage expectations for the client, third parties like web developers, and our own internal teams
- A sense of ownership for everything you deliver
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills
- A passion for using technology for solving problems
- A willingness to contribute to the overall development of the company, taking on responsibility or additional duties that may fall outside the general duties listed above
- You should be prepared to work away from home once Covid restrictions have lifted (generally not more than one night at a time but occasionally more)
- You should be prepared to travel throughout the UK and Ireland if required as restrictions permit
- Flexible working. If it works for you and it works for your team then it works. See more specifics below on our remote working policy
- NHS top up scheme (covering dental, optical, therapy & counselling, prescription and other health related costs)
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business
- Continuous development supported by Line manager, learning budget and 10% time
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- 25 days paid holiday with flexibility to take bank holidays wherever you choose
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Pension scheme with matched contributions from Spektrix up to 4%
- Office demo, drinks and celebrations every Friday (currently virtual)
- Varied range of regular socials (currently virtual)
- Cycle to work & Season Ticket Loans
Remote Working Policy
Our offices are currently only open part time due to the Covid-19 pandemic through to September 2021. When it’s safe to do so, we will fully reopen our offices and adopt a hybrid work model. We are still working out exactly how this will work but for now we are asking people to assume around 20% of their time will be in one of our offices.
This means you will need a solid working from home setup. We’ll provide reasonable support and all the hardware you need to get started, but we do require that you have the following already in place:
- A quiet working space at home
- An internet connection that supports your participation in video calls and access to our systems and services
At Spektrix, we know that there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Every individual brings unique lived and work experience and their own perspective, which rarely if ever maps exactly to a job description or set of criteria. That’s why we want to hear from you if this role excites you (and you feel you could be a good match) even if you don’t feel you meet 100% of the criteria.
Spektrix is committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where our team members are supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work. So whoever you are, and whatever experience you can bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
The diversity of our team is hugely important to our working environment as it enables both individuals and Spektrix to thrive. By valuing each person’s differences we encourage everyone to contribute their unique experiences, strengths and viewpoints. We are taking active steps to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and work in. We aim to reflect this diversity in all departments and at all levels of seniority in the business, right up to the board.
Spektrix is an equal opportunities employer. We recruit regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodivergence, or disability status and look to employ from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
- Salary Offer £30,000 - £34,000 pa