Job title: HR Assistant
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum
Location: Hybrid – London, UK (3 days in the office, 2 days from home)
Purcell are architects, heritage consultants and masterplanners. They’re designs stems from a deep understanding of their shared heritage and respond to the qualities of each place. They work to improve the lives of those who use their buildings and the long-term sustainability of each.
HR Assistant – Reporting into the People Manager
We are looking for a self-starter to join our HR & People team, to support on recruitment coordination and HR queries. We are an ambitious team who support across all of our sites in the UK and Asia Pacific. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to begin their HR career as you will have the opportunity to support on all aspects of the employee life cycle, including Diversity & Inclusion, wellbeing, recruitment, employee relations, onboarding, learning & development, and more.
Recruitment & Onboarding Coordination (60%)
- Work with hiring managers to create job specs and obtain approvals for new roles;
- Advertise roles (internally and externally);
- Sift CVs and arrange interviews;
- Be point of contact for hiring managers and recruitment agencies;
- Draft and administer offer documents and onboarding procedures;
- Carry out employment checks and seek references;
- Update recruitment report daily;
- Keep all other recruitment logs up to date.
HR Inbox & People Queries (40%)
- Be the first point of contact for all HR queries and triage incoming emails;
- Escalate any urgent emails to the relevant member of the team;
- Produce reports to be sent to the Board;
- Maintain HR files & records;
- Opportunities to get involved in projects across the employee life cycle.
- Good knowledge of MS Office products;
- Good written and communication skills;
- Experience working in an office environment (essential);
- Experience working in an admin – or similar – role (essential);
- Experience managing a busy communal inbox (desirable).
- An enthusiastic, self-starter;
- Able to communicate well with people at all levels within the business;
- A passion for HR and a genuine care for others;
- Able to use initiative and not be afraid to ask questions.
Please apply via the button below. For a chat about the role, please reach out to Sana Shah in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Call 0203 397 8333 or email email@example.com.