Here at London Marathon Events we live our values – Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio – The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10,000, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine, not to mention the Virgin Money London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London. As a team we very much believe in our vision of inspiring activity both with our staff and all our customers and view sport as a force for good.
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events and we want to ensure they are at the heart of our company. So, if you’re ready to be a force for good, lead change and want to make a difference to society, keep reading.
About the role
We are looking for a temporary Helpdesk Assistant to join the existing team to help provide great customer service and support during our busy event period from July to October. You will need to have a friendly presence with excellent interpersonal communication skills, combined with a helpful attitude. Good problem solving skills, with multitasking ability during pressured situations will prove to be an advantage. You should be flexible, adaptable and able to demonstrate enthusiasm and patience. This is a full-time temporary fixed term role.
- Respond to enquiries promptly via multiple online channels
- Research questions using available information resources
- Follow standard Helpdesk procedures
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent approach to customer service, exuding positivity, empathy and patience
- Strong written English skills
- Experience of using IT systems
- Willing to go above and beyond to achieve customer excellence
- Quick learner
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Demonstrates LME values of Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun
- Experience of working in a customer service related position
What do we have on offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits:
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- New Balance Kit for Events
- Wellbeing Allowance*
*Applies after 3 months of employment
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing flexible working options, provided we can balance your needs with those of our customers. We’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process to accommodate your needs, feel free to contact our People and Culture Team who will be happy to support you.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
- Salary Offer £21,000 pro rata