Job Title: Head Of People and Culture
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: London Bridge
Inclusive Recruiting is hiring for a large sporting events company in London. This is an exciting new role within the Organisation and a fantastic opportunity for a HR Manager or HR Business Partner for the next step in your career.
Overview of the Role:
Leading the People and Culture department processes and driving people management strategies. This includes, coaching, mentoring and supporting staff members to identify their individual strengths and development needs, while championing an open, embracing culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) throughout the organisation. You will also ensure that the human resources programs and initiatives are implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Provide reports on all areas of HR, Payroll, talent acquisition, and Learning and Development, including the application of Employment Law, HR policy, best practice and workforce development.
- Advise and strategise on the development of effective employment policies across the company.
- Leadership, support and development to People and Culture team (a People Officer, a Talent Acquisition Officer and a Senior L&D Manager), in order to increase knowledge, and share best practice
- Ensure that the company complies with current regulations, policies and procedures and legislation (including legislation on data protection, the Equality Act and health and safety).
- Manage the execution of the People and Culture Strategy and core areas of the People and Culture department including Recruitment, Employee Relations, Workforce Administration, Employee Engagement, Payroll, Reward and Recognition (with 3rd party support), as well as maintaining and improving HR systems and management of the department budget.
- Drive the continuous improvement agenda with focus on engagement & welfare activities, maximising productivity, devolving HR responsibilities to line managers and building leadership capability.
- Take a lead role in transforming and strengthening the organisational culture, ensuring that the company values and approach are displayed.
- Execute a plan for diversity, equity, and inclusion that aligns with company values, business strategy and commitments.
- Regularly coach, mentor and support senior and high potential colleagues to identify individual strengths and development needs, develop and maintain effective relationships and encourage retention.
- Partner with managers and support them in their areas/depts with their teams and give appropriate guidance and information to manage workforce issues.
You’ll be a HR generalist who will have experience of key stakeholder relationships supporting them as the Head of People and Culture.
You will also have experience of handling multiple HR actions and will guide and advise on HR matters. The Head of P&C will lead the company Partnering function, using your strong collaboration, influencing and relationship building skills and human resources expertise to ensure that we can recruit, retain and develop the best talent to deliver our vital work.
This is a new role, which the post holder will have scope to shape themselves. You will lead initiatives across all areas of People and Culture to support the Company and Managers to build and develop high performing teams
- Maintained Labour turnover
- Improvement in Great Places to Work positing via annual survey
- Talent acquisition: Direct vs Agency split
- Control of People & Culture budget
- Experience of managing a team
- Chartered Fellow or CIPD level 7 equivalent professional qualification or industry experience
- A hands-on, proactive working style, with the ability to work at both the strategic and detailed operational level
- The ability to develop and nurture relationships across departments, up to and including partnering C-Suite relationships if required
- Directly relevant experience delivering resourcing, engagement and training of a blended workforce (including third party contractors, self-employed freelancers as well as paid employees and several thousand volunteers)
- Commercial acumen and experience of using metrics for driving performance
- Interpersonal skills and a positive, approachable manner
- A proactive and agile approach to work.
- A curious mindset, to think innovatively and rationally about concerns and come up with creative solution
- Up to date Knowledge of Employment Law, including IR35
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise, problem-solve and use your initiative.
- The ability to accept and provide feedback, be challenged on your advice, and work well under pressure.
- Comprehensive understanding of Equity and Inclusion
- Decision Quality
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Ensures Accountability
- Instils Trust
- Values Differences:
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
What do we have on offer?
- 25 days holiday prorata, plus bank holidays
- Company Healthcare through Vitality on passing probation
- On site bike storage and showers
- Involvement behind the scenes on event days
- Company pension scheme
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter stating reasons why you see this is the perfect role for you
Please apply via the button below. For a chat about the role, please reach out to Priscilla Ross in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Call 0203 397 8333 or email email@example.com.
- Salary Offer £70,000 - £75,000
- Send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org