Here at London Marathon Events we live our values – Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio – The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10k, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine, not to mention the Virgin Money London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London. As a team we very much believe in our vision of inspiring activity both with our staff and all our customers and view sport as a force for good.
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events and we want to ensure they are at the heart of our company. So, if you’re ready to be a force for good, lead change and want to make a difference to society, keep reading.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of IT to join our team and report directly to the Director of Transformation. Responsibilities will include a range of duties to support the on-going IT operations of the company. The ideal candidate will be flexible to support the business as needs arise, support business decisions based on the impact to technology and cost, provide advice and guidance on business procurement relating to new technology or services and have the ability to support colleagues across all IT needs from service queries to IT Strategy whilst expanding and improving the current IT offering.
In return you will be part of a successful and friendly team based in newly refurbished offices in Central London and be able to develop your role to suit the continuing growth of the business.
This role offers a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who wants to work in an exciting and dynamic environment in a growing, successful business, this is a new role to our business which gives the post holder the opportunity to put their own stamp on the IT group strategy.
- Manage Information Technology services across London Marathon Events Ltd
- Lead the Development and Implementation of the IT Strategy & Roadmaps for LMEL
- Design, develop, implement, and co-ordinate systems, policies, and procedures with the DPO
- Manage LMEL technology suppliers to ensure that they deliver the required IT services as per contractual obligations
- Ensure security of data, maintain cyber security compliance, ensure perimeter and end point security posture inline with policies.
- Act in alignment with user needs and develop system functionality to contribute to organisational goals, operational efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Identify problematic areas and implement relevant strategic solutions or service improvements
- Work with the IT Steering group and key systems owners to deliver agreed programmes, roadmaps and business outcomes
- Audit internal systems, and assess the outcomes and implement reparatory solutions
- Preserve and control technology assets, information security and governance
- Manage the IT CAPEX and OPEX annual budgets and drive value for money across all services
Skills & Experience:
- 5 years proven working experience as an IT Manager
- Experience in deploying real-time IT solutions into complex outdoor environments and partnering with multiple vendors
- Highly experienced in CRM, Business Intelligence, ERP, Workforce management and Cloud SaaS platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of IT Operational management processes, with a preference for ITIL and recognised Project Management certifications
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 management, Azure solutions, workflow systems and light development experience. Microsoft 365 Power Platform knowledge is highly attractive.
- Expertise in cyber security best practices and maintain data governance
- Experience in managing outsourced providers to SLA’s and driving continuous improvement
- Ability to build and develop IT teams (internally and externally)
- Experience in implementing transformation technology programmes with an SME business
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field, or other relevant and equivalent qualifications
- Proactively develop and maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction in all areas of responsibility
- Always maintain effective communication by developing and maintaining professional working relationships with all colleagues, clients and customers.
- The rate at which this development will occur will depend upon the business needs, however as a guide it is anticipated that the job holder would during the first 3 months have a full understanding and grasp of the role
- Conduct a continual review of personal performance, seeking to improve effectiveness both individually and as a team member.
- Assist in the identification of personal training and development needs in relation to your duties and ensure these are fulfilled in line with Departmental Business Objectives.
- Ensure that health and safety standards are maintained at all times. Advise the Health and Safety Representatives of potential risk areas.
Advantageous but not essential:
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and structured approach to work with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Drive to develop your own skills and career progression
- Team player
- Self-motivated, driven, and proactive
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality
What do we have on offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits:
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a ten day Christmas shutdown
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- Wellbeing allowance
- Personal Health insurance
- Excellent employer contributions into our pension scheme
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
- Salary Offer £60,000 pa plus benefits
- Experience 5 - 10 Years