Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum
Location: Hybrid role – Manchester, UK
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our team based in Manchester. The successful candidate will be the primary liaison point for day to day stakeholder issues and will be accountable for delivery of the monthly group reporting and accounts for a stakeholder, or group of stakeholders, while working autonomously and as part of a wider team. This will involve the discharge of Month End process and Balance Sheet Liability management for the stakeholder. The post holder will work collaboratively with the Site controller(s), and with the wider R2R team of SME and the R2R accountants, following established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organisations financial records and transactions in a accurately and timely fashion.
- Perform General Ledger Accounting processes in the R2R Taxonomy, which will involve maintaining financial systems to ensure completeness of statutory and group reporting for the stakeholder or group of stakeholders ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards, relevant regulations and reporting requirements. Responsible for the discharge and sign off of all steps in the month end close timetable for stakeholders under their responsibility.
- Carrying out Cost Centre reviews to ensure that prepayments and accruals are appropriately accounted for and are appropriately managed, which will involve reconciliation accounts, recurring journals, classifying and recording financial transactions and posting entries to the ledgers including operating taxes.
- Delegated responsibility for the balance sheet and liability management of the stakeholder, closely collaborating with the site controller who has overall accountability. Make standard calculations to accurately compile and report statistics and analyse financial information.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of all supporting documentation for compliance i.e. ICS, IA, and External Audit for their stakeholder(s).
- Provide excellent service delivery and participate in stakeholder meetings involving market controllers. Preparing R2R slide pack for the monthly meetings.
- Be a key contributor to delivering the finance vision and support key change initiatives and drive through continuous improvement through close liaison with the R2R Global Process owner.
- ICAEW qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA/ACA), or studying or qualified by experience
- RP (SAP) and advanced Excel skills (including vlook-ups and pivot tables)
- Experience of working within a fast paced environment delivering services to stakeholders, delivering delegated month-end close activities to a stakeholder or group of stakeholders
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Experience of supporting multiple country/unit based market controllers, providing both a transactional and business partnering function to ensure a high quality R2R service is delivered
- Robust experience of end to end R2R processes
- Experience of liaising and working closely with internal and external auditors
- Working knowledge of IFRS
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Please apply via the button below. For a chat about the role, please reach out to Dom Szczecinski in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Call 0203 397 8333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer £35,000 - £40,000 per annum