Here at London Marathon Events we live our values – Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio – The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10k, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine, not to mention the Virgin Money London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London. As a team we very much believe in our vision of inspiring activity both with our staff and all our customers and view sport as a force for good.
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events and we want to ensure they are at the heart of our company. So, if you’re ready to be a force for good, lead change and want to make a difference to society, keep reading.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Sponsorship, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Virgin Money London Marathon Running Show. Key responsibilities include planning, fulfilment, sales and execution.
- Planning, execution and selling the Virgin Money London Marathon Running Show
- Act as daily point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for growing revenue and securing exhibitor partners – both new and existing
- Plan the scope of the Running Show (schedule, booth options, floorplan, pricing) for the organisation
- Work with the Sponsorship team to ensure event partners have preferential bookings and appropriate brand acknowledgement throughout the Show
- Ensure that the required services for exhibitors and event registrations are in place and that the Exhibitor Manual is up to date
- Ensure that the Show is an appropriate event for the greatest marathon in the world
- Be accountable for the P & L of the Show and grow the net income year on year
- Work with our Health and Safety consultants to confirm the Show’s Exhibitor Risk Assessments and ensure all exhibitors are aware and adhere to the requirements
- Organise and book all requirements to execute the Stage Show including A/V, event activation, in-Show services, security and the operational elements for build and breakdown including logistics and plant hire
- Ensure the Show build and breakdown is carried out efficiently and within agreed timescales
- Be the key contact for all build contractors
- Liaise as necessary with the ExCeL’s exhibitions team
- Carry out yearly surveys with exhibitors to improve exhibition satisfaction
- Work with CAD Technician on floor plans/detailed exhibition layout
Skills & Experience:
- At least three to five years’ experience in Expo / Show management and delivery
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Proven sales skills and understanding of CRM (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Knowledge of Floorplan Live software or equivalent
- A good knowledge of the Running sector
- Strong leadership skills and proven proactive attitude
- Proven leadership and ability to plan and execute market leading Expos / Shows
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Values that reflect the company’s
What do we have on offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits:
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a ten day Christmas shutdown
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- Wellbeing allowance
- Personal Health insurance
- Excellent employer contributions into our pension scheme
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
- Salary Offer £40,000 pa