Salary: £25,000 per annum plus pension (pro rata)
Location: UK – fully remote role, with travel to London HQ as and when need arises
Hours: Part Time – 2.5 days per week
The Ubele Initiative (Ubele) was established in 2014 as an African Diaspora led intergenerational social enterprise. Our mission is helping to build more sustainable Black and Minoritized communities across the UK. Ubele is unique in that it was built from bottom-up and is intentionally an intergenerational organisation.
Over the past few years, we have designed and delivered a wide range of local, regional, national and international initiatives which seek to create and build community wealth.
We support Black and Minoritized community led organisations and groups with their community assets (people, organisations and physical space). We use social action, community enterprise development, participatory learning & skills development and next generation leadership initiatives. As a result of our appointment as the Black and Minoritized community catalyst organisation for Greater London in February 2020 we now provide more strategic regional and national responses to help minimise the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. We have gone through a period of rapid growth and change and as result our sphere of influence has also grown considerably.
About the role:
The Black and Minoritized Communities Enterprise Development Programme (BMEDP)will contribute to one of the key delivery objectives within The Ubele Initiative’s new three-year strategic plan. The BMEDP will provide targeted strategic interventions over a three-year period to support Community Wealth Building within Black and Minoritised communities.
We are looking for someone to provide vital support with the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the BMEDP. You will work closely with the Enterprise Development Programme Managers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Programme Manager to effectively establish, plan, and deliver the Programme in line with the key priorities, objectives and delivery plans.
- Providing flexible delivery support and assisting with effective communication between Programme Manager, external partners and participating organisations.
- Implement and maintain appropriate systems to enable effective planning and scheduling of Programme activities.
- Contributing to the development of the programme management structure, framework and tools, and supporting the Programme Manager and other colleagues to use these consistently and effectively.
- Contributing to the development of Programme documentation.
- Preparation of Programme reports including status reports, dashboards and tracking.
- Supporting the analysis of spend and budgetary information.
- Maintaining central records and establishing Programme controls, keeping the Programme Manager aware of the Programme status.
- Create and grow relevant contact databases and ensure they are available to the rest of the team on Salesforce and in line with GDPR.
- Providing secretariat to Programme Manager as needed and attending meetings.
- Contribute to management of professional relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and act as lead point of contact for some external parties.
- Providing information for potential applicants and contacting them to support the application process as necessary.
- Support with monitoring and reporting of progress.
- Support with the ongoing development and continuous improvement of the BMEDP.
Knowledge and experience:
- Previous administrative experience and knowledge of office systems and procedures, ideally gained in a member service or project-based environment.
- Experience of minute taking.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Knowledge and experience of Zoom, MS Teams, and project management tools.
Skills and Abilities:
ICT/Digital Skills: (Essentials)
- Knowledge and experience of MS 365 /Windows 10.
- Preparation of documents and spreadsheets using MS Office Excel.
- Internet skills.
- The ability quickly to learn new packages as required.
Communication skills: (Essentials)
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Written skills, with the ability to accurately summarise meetings, and cascade information in writing and verbally to the EDP team and external stakeholders.
- Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to support others. Flexible approach to work, with a keenness to adapt to meet changing work requirements.
What we can offer:
- Warm and fun workplace environment.
- Intergenerational and creative team.
- Great environment to generate work experience, implement new ideas and for personal growth.
- Ubele offers staff enrolment in the NEST Workplace Pension scheme although other arrangements may be negotiated.
- 20 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Ubele’s Head Office is in the London Borough of Haringey.
- The workplace is flexible (in line with national /or London region Covid-19 guidance), and some occasional office-based working will be required.
- The role will report to the Programme Manager.
Please apply via the button below. For a chat about the role, please reach out to Priscilla Ross in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Call 0203 397 8333 or email email@example.com.
- Salary Offer £25,000 per annum plus pension (pro rata)