As Diversity and Inclusion Manager, you will bring thought leadership to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) considerations to the Charity; bringing expertise to develop and implement the EDI strategy to achieve systemic change.
The role will monitor and report on the impact the EDI strategy has on the organisation.
The role will focus on leadership and engagement in developing the overarching EDI strategy, together with frameworks, tools and policies that enable the achievement of this strategy and measurement of its successful implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and formulate StepChange’s EDI strategy and associated implementation plan, working with the Executive project owners, the wider Executive Board, and the Senior Leadership Team
- Co-ordinate internal activities, such as focus groups, to understand varied viewpoints and to maximise buy in and ownership of the EDI strategy
- Consider and recommend appropriate cultural development requirements to ensure successful implementation and embedding of the EDI strategy
- Review the candidate and employee life cycle to understand current limitations and changes which need to be made to achieve the EDI strategy
- Consider talent pipeline and wider community approaches which would maximise StepChange’s ability to closely reflect the communities which it serves (both as an employer and as a service provider)
- Manage external providers, ensuring cost-effective and value-added contribution to the development of the EDI strategy and implementation plan
- Collaborate with multiple functions including; Marketing, Internal Communications, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development and Human Resources to ensure a consistent and holistic approach to EDI
- Influence and support the senior leadership team in understanding and promoting the EDI agenda, enabling them to act as role models in aligning the EDI strategy and initiatives within that strategy to operational priorities
- Consider the StepChange “brand” from an EDI perspective, making recommendations to ensure the development of a brand which reflects a diverse, inclusive and equitable employer, with the ultimate aim of StepChange becoming an ’employer of choice’ based on diversity
- Consider regional variances in approach and requirements and identify any regional priorities and potential champions for these priorities and measurements for success
- Consider learning and development frameworks required to embed the EDI strategy
- Working within set budget, recommend appropriate external partners to effectively embed the EDI strategy and to ensure longevity of approach and StepChange’s reputation, both as an employer and service provider
- Management of the EDI budget
Some travel to regional locations may be required, subject to COVID-19 restrictions in place from
time to time.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies, frameworks, tools and policies across the employment life cycle in the area of EDI that have a meaningful and visible impact on the organisation
- Experience of building credible networks and partnerships
- Experience in providing strategic advice and influencing key decision-making
- Experience of influencing systemic change through others
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice in the EDI sphere, coupled with the ability to bring it to life to a wide audience
- Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Abilities
- Passionate about EDI and the role it plays in the development of an organisation
- Experience writing and presenting to a variety of audiences and through a range of mediums
- Customer focussed and ability to meet expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in project management and able to take plans from concept and design through to execution and measurement and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Committed to our clients – Provide an exceptional client experience and ensure actions and
decisions consider our client needs
- Working together – Supports and works effectively with colleagues and achieves more by
working with others
- Making change happen – Achieving results, delivering on commitments and managing
stakeholders, risks and issues
- Be flexible – Ability to adapt to a change in requirements and responsibilities, enables
changes to be implemented
- Learning & developing – Continuous improvement of how you work and supporting the
development of other colleagues
All colleagues should demonstrate our charity values, these are:
We work together.
We make change happen.
We are committed to our clients.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
- Salary Offer £50,000 - £60,000 per annum