Here at London Marathon Events we live our values – Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio – The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10,000, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine, not to mention the Virgin Money London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London. As a team we very much believe in our vision of inspiring activity both with our staff and all our customers and view sport as a force for good.
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events and we want to ensure they are at the heart of our company. So, if you’re ready to be a force for good, lead change and want to make a difference to society, keep reading.
About the role
The Digital Designer role will be responsible for taking direction from written or spoken briefs and converting them into high-quality digital assets for our platforms and channels. You will also have the opportunity to produce print and other design layouts working with the creative team. The successful candidate should have experience of delivering effective marketing campaigns, preferably in the sports event sector.
You will work closely with the creative team as well as colleagues in the wider marketing and communications department to ensure that all creative output is aligned to internal and external client expectations and implemented within budget and timescales.
- Receive briefs from the Web Designer to interpret and develop concepts into beautiful design for digital channels
- Ensure that design and creative output meets the brief and is delivered on time and to budget
- Work with the wider marketing and communications department to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure production and delivery deadlines are met
Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud applications as well other office productivity software
- 2-3 years of experience at a creative agency or in-house in a marketing and communications team
- A strong understanding of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
- A working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in multiple team environments
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals, typography and boundaries between online and offline design work
What do we have on offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits:
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a 10 day Christmas shutdown
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- Wellbeing allowance
- Personal Health insurance
- Excellent employer contributions into our pension scheme
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.
- Salary Offer £34,400 pro rata
- Experience 2 - 5 Years