Salary: £27,000 to £29,000 per annum
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Closing date: 10am, Monday 4th March 2024
Purpose of the role
Working closely with the Trusts and Foundations Manager, Development Associate and the Executive Team, the Development Officer will support Matthew Bourne’s artistic vision by working to maximise voluntary income. The post holder will support on building and developing relationships with trusts and foundations, individual supporters, and corporate partnerships. It will play a crucial role in administering the fundraising function of the charity, ensuring the day-to-day management of the relationship between New Adventures and its prospective and existing donors is managed to a high standard.
This includes providing the administrative underpinning of the team’s activities with specific responsibility for donor stewardship and gift administration, acting as first point of contact for all development queries, creating regular communications with donors and other stakeholders, managing the fundraising team’s use of the newly-implemented CRM, supporting on research and reporting as needed, and creating and delivering events to support essential opportunities to steward/recruit donors in a creative and engaging way.
This is a new role created as New Adventures embarks on an increased fundraising drive to support the growth of our talent development programme and our engagement work with young people and communities across the UK and beyond.
This role would be suitable for someone who is looking to grow a career within arts fundraising and development as there will be an opportunity for the right candidate to grow within the role and the organisation.
Trusts and Foundations
- Support in identifying and researching new trusts and foundations prospects.
- Support relationships with key trusts and foundations.
- Support on preparation of strong and compelling trusts and foundations grant proposals.
- Support with ensuring that all funder obligations are fulfilled, including donor acknowledgement, and providing clear and accurate reporting.
- Management and maintenance of accurate donor records on CRM including regular income reporting.
- Management of renewal process.
- Keep up to date with changes to the charity sector and fundraising, giving trends and regulations.
- Management of donor crediting.
- Assist with data collection and reporting to funders as required.
- Provide a high level of personalised donor care and stewardship to encourage long term support.
- Work closely with the Communications team on creation of regular donor communications.
- Supporting in research, reporting and Board communications as required by Trusts and Foundation Manager and Deputy Managing Director.
- Support with championing the importance of fundraising internally, engaging staff and trustees.
Events and Corporate
- Arranging project and studio visits.
- Support with the planning, coordination, and administration of supporters’ events including invitation administration.
- Support the Development Associate with the administration of corporate events.
- Support the co-ordination and stewardship of in-kind supporters
- Support with the research of potential corporate partnerships
Finance and Operations
- Support in delivering agreed income targets.
- Keep records, invite lists and profiles updated on the company CRM in line with GDPR, ensuring that prospecting activity and profiles are comprehensively recorded.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to ensure that income is properly administered and that the terms of funding agreements are met in line with Charity Commission requirements.
- With the Finance Manager, provide regular forecast updates on income and expenditure for reporting to the Board.
- Work with the Take Part Team and the Access, Inclusion and Data Manager to ensure evaluation requirements are integrated into funded projects from the outset.
- Support the Trusts and Foundations Manager on the administration and minuting of the quarterly Development Sub-Committee meeting.
- Ensure you understand and adhere to New Adventures Risk Management and Ethical Fundraising Policy and ensure New Adventures is compliant with all current legal and statutory polices.
- Work closely with everyone at New Adventures to ensure a holistic approach to the work on and offstage
- Take an active role in your continuing professional development, identifying relevant training and professional development opportunities.
- Always work in accordance with New Adventures’ Environmental Policy and Plan and proactively develop and encourage environmentally sustainable practice.
- Embody the New Adventures policies and any other policies or plans New Adventures may introduce in the future.
- Attend premieres, press nights and important company performances and events as required
- Always act as an advocate for the company
- Attend industry events as a representative of the company
- On occasion tour with the company and represent the company at the presenting venues with overnight stays as required
We require a hands-on, motivated individual to join our high-performing team. This role would suit a candidate with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with previous experience of either a fundraising or business development role. Knowledge of the theatre and dance sector and experience of coordinating or providing administrative support for events would be useful.
We will be using this to shortlist applicants. There may be some questions here that you can’t confidently answer ‘yes’ to – don’t be put off by this. If you still feel that you could do the job well, we want to hear from you.
Knowledge and Experience
- Do you have previous experience of a fundraising or business development role?
- Do you have experience of event coordination and administration?
- Do you have experience of producing customer/donor communications?
- Do you have experience of using and administrating CRM and data systems?
- Do you have knowledge of GDPR, data protection and fundraising compliance?
Skills and Attributes
- Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail, proven ability to multitask, work to targets and meet tight deadlines?
- Do you have copy writing and proof-reading ability?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills?
Summary of Main Terms and Conditions
Contract: Full-time, permanent
How to apply
Download the application pack below for further details on how to apply.
For an open, informal and confidential chat about the role, or to ask any questions, please contact Louise Miller, Operations Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offer £27,000 to £29,000 per annum
- Application Pack Development-Officer-February-2024.pdf