The Development Assistant role is a great opportunity to build experience across a range of fundraising streams. The role primarily supports Liberty’s membership and individual giving functions by providing administrative and customer service support. You will also spend approximately one day per week supporting wider team activities such as major gifts fundraising, and events. As we are a small team, there is plenty of opportunity to get in involved with research, events and idea generation.
- Accurately and efficiently process donations and membership subscriptions, including new memberships, direct debit payments and amendments, processing cheques, credit card payments, and sending out thank you letters and welcome packs.
- Maintain accurate records of all members and gifts using Liberty’s ThankQ database.
- Working with the Development Officer, maintain systems to maximise the efficiency of membership processing and administration.
- Produce accurate statistics as relating to Liberty’s membership and finances as required.
- Provide excellent ongoing customer service to all Liberty members, including answering enquiries by letter, phone and email.
- Answer enquiries from members of the public interested in joining or supporting Liberty.
- Support Liberty members with any fundraising activities undertaken on Liberty’s behalf.
Member recruitment, fundraising and supporter development
- Assist in a programme of regular communications with members and other supporters, including regular appeals.
- Assist with mailings to former members and other membership recruitment activities.
- Help to organise and attend events for membership promotion.
Wider team support
- Assist with research into major donors and charitable trusts.
- Provide admin support for our major donor, trusts programmes as needed.
- Attend fundraising events and other Liberty events as needed, including occasional duties outside of office hours.
- Oversee the work of volunteers assisting with any of the above.
- Experience of working in a campaigning or membership organisation.
- Knowledge of a broad range of fundraising methods.
- Attention to detail: Excellent attention to detail and accuracy (particularly in data entry)
- Communication: Excellent customer service and communication skills evident in person, in writing and by phone.
- Proactive delivery: The ability to work proactively – anticipating tasks and prioritising work in order to meeting deadlines
How to apply
**Please DO NOT use the apply button below**
Email: HR@libertyhumanrights.org.uk or call 020 7403 3888 to arrange an informal chat about the roles.
- Address Liberty House 26 - 30 Strutton Ground, London
- Salary Offer £29,008 - £32,345
- Experience 0 - 2 Years
- Application Link