Location: London, UK (Remote to start)
Full-time (typically Monday to Friday, flexible hours and working options may be available)
Expected Start Date: July / Aug 2021
The Contracts Manager role is all about managing the contractual arrangements between Spektrix and our clients in the UK and Ireland, while also supporting contract arrangements with our clients in the USA and Canada. For existing clients, this means managing the administrative processes associated with keeping contracts up to date, renegotiating agreements where it is appropriate. For new clients, this means preparing agreements, supporting your business development colleagues with the process of negotiation with a view to signing on mutually acceptable terms in a timely manner. This role will also manage administration of our supplier contracts.
We’re looking for someone who is well organised and efficient with a keen eye for detail. You will be collaborative and support different departments at Spektrix day to day. You are a highly effective communicator and will draw on your knowledge of contract management and our business and commercial principles when interacting with our clients and other stakeholders. You will have a strong aptitude for using and adapting technology to optimise the efficiency of our operation.
- You have the ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously – you will typically be working on more than one new client contract at a time, responding to incoming contract enquiries from clients and proactively managing contract renewals, novations and terminations.
- You are comfortable working independently – while you will be collaborating with colleagues regularly and well supported by the team, a portion of the work done over the course of your day will be managed solely by you.
- You have an interest in working on client agreements in a commercial business to business environment – you will be supporting colleagues to make sure any contractual and commercial terms we negotiate are in line with our business principles.
- You are curious and would enjoy gathering research and seeking advice from industry bodies and our advisors – from time to time you will help establish our position on changes to legislation, address knowledge gaps or tackle points of contention.
- You have played a role in projects which have helped you develop your organisational and time management skills – you will lead one-off projects as part of this role, these might include running audits of our processes and supporting systems, bulk updates to our existing client agreements, reviewing our contracts with our suppliers, updating document versioning.
- You understand how technology and process combined can deliver great results – you will be responsible for ensuring that agreements and supporting documents are signed quickly and that our customer databases hold up to date contact and billing information at all times.
- You have strong communication skills in writing, in person, over web video, and over the phone – you will be a key touchpoint for clients and prospects and your interpersonal skills will instill confidence and help achieve great outcomes.
- You thrive on change as our business and our global client base grows.
- You will be comfortable working flexible hours to support colleagues working in our London, Manchester and New York Office
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Sabbatical for long service
- Breakfast, snacks and hot & cold drinks (when in the office)
- Regular socials (currently virtual)
COVID-19 Remote Working Policy
Our London office is currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic for the safety of our team, currently until August 2021. We look forward to returning to in-person working when normal office operations resume, and we are happy to discuss occasional remote working too. In the meantime this means we’re looking for people who have a suitable environment for working from home. We’ll provide reasonable support and all the hardware you need to get started, but we do require that you have the following already in place:
- A quiet working space at home where you can consistently take client calls without interruptions
- A strong internet connection that supports your participation in video calls and access to our systems and services
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. Studies show that women do not apply for roles unless they meet 100% of the requirements, whereas men apply when they meet at least 60% of the requirements. At Spektrix, we know that there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Spektrix is committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where our team members are supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Diversity in the workplace is hugely important to our working environment and to enable both individuals and Spektrix to thrive. By valuing each person’s differences we enable each person to contribute their unique experiences, strengths and viewpoints. Workplace diversity is something we aim to achieve and maintain at Spektrix, and we are pursuing a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and work in. We aim to reflect this diversity in all departments and at all levels of seniority in the business, right up to the board.
*In an effort to reduce bias, please do not include a photo in your CV or application.
Spektrix is an equal opportunities employer, we recruit regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability status and look to employ from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
Apply via the button below. You can also call Jason Burgess in the Inclusive Recruiting team on 0203 397 8333 to speak further about this role or email email@example.com.
- Salary Offer £30,000 - £35,000 pa