Our client is a well-established private Bank in Central London. They are seeking a Compliance & Money Laundering Reporting (MLR) Officer to join their team.
Duties will include:
- Organisation, control and coordination of the listed areas of responsibility, so that the assigned tasks can be completed smoothly, efficiently and on schedule, protecting the interests of the Bank, Division and
- Within the areas of responsibility, ensure that the applicable UK and German regulatory and data protection requirements as well as the Bank’s internal policies and procedures are met and implemented at the Branch. This includes the requirements set by the relevant supervisory authorities.
- Act as the contact person for/and manage relationships with regulatory authorities, other relevant external bodies and external counsels regarding all compliance and data protection related matters.
- Training of the staff and consultants in accordance with the regulatory and internal requirements within the areas AML/CTF/Fraud Prevention, Capital Market Compliance and Data Protection as well as other relevant regulatory compliance areas.
- Establish and update any local compliance and data protection policies and procedures that are specific for the Branch and fall within the areas of responsibility.
- Attend the annual compliance round table meetings and participate in other meetings required by the Compliance Division. Participate in projects and working groups required by the Compliance Division.
AML/CTF and Fraud Prevention
- Act as the Branch MLRO
- Develop internal principles, procedures, and monitoring to prevent money laundering/terrorism financing and
- Ensure that the Branch adopts a risk-based approach to AML/CTF and Fraud Prevention.
- Ensure that customer due diligence is carried out for all clients belonging to the Branch.
- Complete tasks in accordance with the Bank’s internal policies and procedures on AML/CTF and Fraud Prevention
- Ensure that all suspicious transactions and activities are reported to the appropriate
- Document irregularities and report to the Group MLRO, the Branch Manager and effective person responsible for that area, in accordance with internal or external requirements.
- Provide regular compliance reports to the Group MLRO and the AML/CTF/Fraud Compliance Unit in the time intervals that apply at each time, at least on an annual basis.
- Establish and regularly update a risk assessment on money laundering/ terrorist financing regarding the Branch.
- Establish and regularly update a risk assessment on fraud regarding the Branch.
Capital Markets Compliance
- Ensure that the employees’ personal dealings are in compliance with internal and regulatory
- Ensure that the handling of confidential information is in compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the conflict of interest management is in compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that client complaints are handled appropriately.
- Ensure the implementation of Chinese Walls where necessary.
- Document irregularities and report to Group Compliance, the Branch Manager and the effective person responsible for that
- Provide regular compliance reports to the Corporate Compliance Unit in the time intervals that apply at each time, at least on an annual basis.
- Monitor material changes in UK legislation and regulation that are applicable to the Branch and/or the Bank within areas specified by the MaRisk Compliance Unit.
- Provide regular MaRisk reports to the Corporate Compliance Unit in the time intervals that apply at each time, at least on an annual basis.
- Act as the Data Protection Coordinator under the Group Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the Branch.
- Secure compliance with data protection regulations at the Branch by giving advice and carrying out reviews/controls.
- Report any issues or breaches of data protection to the DPO.
- Document irregularities and report to the DPO, the Branch Manager and the effective person responsible for that
- Provide reports on the result of review activities to the DPO in the time intervals that apply at each time, on at least a semi- annual basis.
- Handling of Data Protection
- Complete other possible tasks in accordance with the Bank’s internal policies and procedures or according to instructions from the DPO.
- German language is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the UK retail banking products & regulatory requirements
- Proactive, curious, with the ability to drive the product offering and help enhance the services provided
To apply for this job, please email your CV to Jason Burgess firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Central London
- Salary Offer £100,000 – £120,000 pa