*TEMPORARY ROLE – apply ASAP*
Temporary until 31st March 2021, start date ASAP
Central London / Remote working
Our client is an independent, non-profit organisation which aims to make capital to work better for people. They have a wide, global network across financial services, social enterprises, businesses, government and regulators. In partnership with dedicated volunteers, they work to get the message out and bring people together through information sharing, events, guidance, research, and specific partnerships and projects – all dedicated to addressing the barriers that prevent more money from having a positive impact on people and the planet, in the UK and globally.
Providing hands on support to the communications and events team. It is extremely varied, and no day is the same. We are looking for somebody with practical experience of content production, social media and events coordination who is comfortable taking direction and using their own initiative to complete tasks within a set deadline.
As a result of coronavirus, the team is mostly working remotely, and the events programme is now virtual. We are looking for a self-starting, confident and effective communicator, who is able to work with people of varied levels of seniority in a highly dynamic and fast-paced industry.
While the position does not require any previous knowledge of the impact investing sector, you should have an interest in learning more about the industry and in dedicating some time to familiarise yourself with the most common concepts of impact investing, including in an international development context.
- Produce general and project specific content such as social media graphics, short videos, or images for digital communication channels
- Design email updates in Mailchimp
- Source images for the website
- Copywriting for the website, articles, blogposts and other content as required
- Respond to email requests from team, partners and external stakeholders to post on social media
- Decide on relevance of content provided and source additional content
- Determine how content will fit into the social media schedule alongside existing posts as well as relevant current affairs and events
- Write copy for all social media channels
- Create or source images to go alongside posts
- Coordinate sign off procedure for posts
- Schedule posts and keep social media calendar up to date
Event support (internal events)
- Maintain the internal events calendar
- Draft event briefing documents
- Create images and content for social media and the website
- Design and draft invitations and email follow-ups to attendees
- Video editing
- Send event invitations, chasers and maintain up to date RSVP and contact lists
- Support with the set-up of prep calls, meetings and webinars
- Backend webinar support using Zoom webinars
- Reporting on event statistics
Event support (external events)
- Review and respond to emails from the team, partners and external event organisers
- Maintain the external events calendar to ensure all events we participate in are tracked with the correct information
- Prepare a regular external event update email for the team and board to keep everyone in the loop on our external engagement
- Liaise with external events organisations to provide speakers, headshots, biographies and other information where required
- Monitor and compile performance data (Google Analytics, Mailchimp data, etc.)
- Keep the communications and events contact list up to date
- Ad hoc tasks from the wider team, offering support where needed
- Experience in using professional software for content creation
- Experience in managing social media accounts for a business or non-profit organisation
- Experience of working in events coordination
- Experience of working in a start-up environment and in a small team
- Knowledge of / interest in impact investing, financial services and/or international development
- Experience of using Customer Relationship Management software (CRM)
Skills, Abilities & Attributes
- Excellent IT skills, in particular competent in the use of Microsoft Office 365 suite and MS Outlook.
- Confident using InDesign, Adobe photoshop, iMovie or another video editing software
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A confident & effective communicator (written and verbal) who remains calm under pressure
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Self-starter, happy to take an idea or instruction forward independently • Confident working with people of different backgrounds and levels of seniority and embracing of diversity
- Discretion and confidentiality
Our client’s values:
- Inclusiveness – we are a welcoming place for practitioners, the public, volunteers and employees, which recognises and involves the voices of all involved in impact investment. We aim to have a diverse staff, Board and Advisory Council. We support flexible working practices and, wherever possible, contracts for services from social enterprises.
- Independence – we pursue an independent path in all our work, focusing on what is most useful to advance impact investing nationally and internationally, without regard to any one sector in the market. All our output is available to other practitioners and the public.
- Integrity – our staff, volunteers, Board and Advisory Council conduct their work and professional relationships with integrity, kindness and respect.
To apply for this role:
Please email your CV ASAP quoting ref: CEO0121 to email@example.com
- Address London
- Salary Offer Competitive salary