Role: Caseworker – Special Educational Needs
Rate: £222 per day
Compliance Category: Safeguarding Qualified
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting, including dealing with correspondence for Children and Young People (CYP) with Special Educational Needs (SEN). Liaising with the Caseworker (0-11/12-25) and reporting to the Special Needs Officer, in order to meet the legal requirements of the Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEN Code of Practice
- Maintain an accurate filing and record system to ensure the efficient operation of the SEN service
- Input and update the SEN database to ensure an effective delivery of the SEN statutory assessment and review processes
- Provide an initial point of contact for telephone/email queries, dealing with and, where necessary, directing enquiries to colleagues to ensure an effective and responsive service
- Support colleagues within and across teams for the efficient operation of the service
- Contribute towards and minute team meetings to promote the sharing of information and good practice within the team
- Contribute to effective communication within the SEN service and within the community to deliver operational information
- Liaise with colleagues, parents/carers, schools/colleges, other LA services and other agencies to ensure high quality service delivery
- Be aware of local, corporate and departmental policies, procedures and initiatives to ensure that they are applied in the workplace.
- Work with due regard to health and safety of themselves and others to meet with corporate and statutory initiatives.
- Good standard of education, GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- ICT including Office 365 programs. Ability to understand and retain training and guidance on unfamiliar processes and ICT systems, with a good attention to detail for entering data/information
- Communication skills-articulate, clear and concise written and oral skills
- Good team skills
- Flexible approach to working and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Sensitive and empathetic approach
The following section provides an outline of the working conditions that may be encountered in this role:
- DSE- Laptop and Desktop
Please apply via the button below. To discuss the role, you can also reach out directly to Dom in the Inclusive Recruiting team. Call 0203 397 8333 or email email@example.com.
- Address Hampshire
- Salary Offer £222 per day