Job Title: Business Development Assistant
Salary: up to £30,000
Hours of work: Full-time
Purcell is an award-winning employee-owned architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a commitment to quality, innovation, and diversity. We have staff of approximately 280 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices, in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Winners of Architect Employer of the Year 2022.
Collaboration is central to our employee-ownership culture, providing opportunities to work on some of the finest buildings; from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development and our employee-owned ethos empowers everyone to use their voice. We believe in creating an equitable and inclusive culture, founded on our values, which celebrates knowledge sharing and our successes, to build an inspiring work environment.
It is our distinctive employee-owned working culture that has contributed to our status as a World Architecture Top 100 Practice, renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy.
About the role
We are seeking a Business Development Assistant who will support the regional Senior Management Team & Regional Bid Coordinator with the business development and marketing initiatives across the East Region. The role will be an integrated member of the regional support team, and from time to time will involve assisting with document production and local office support. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with team who are growing a portfolio of fascinating projects across the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Bid and award submission support
- BD strategies, campaigns and research support
- Document creation support for the regional team (including PowerPoint presentations and InDesign/Affinity brochures reports)
- CRM and pipeline projects administration
- Coordinating regional and local networking events
- Proactively looking for PR/social media content across the team
- Supporting in photography and maintaining our internal imagery library
- Event support
- Producing BD and marketing collateral within our brand guidelines
- Working and collaborating with an international bid community team
- Providing active communication between local and regional team
- Assisting with local facilities, Health & Safety, audit and maintenance support
- Coordination of monthly studio and quarterly regional meetings
- Day-to-day office tasks and maintaining studio environment
- Manage appointment setting for regional team
- Research and coordinate team attendance to networking events. Arrange collateral if needed and ensure follow ups are completed
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience and/or strong interest in marketing and business development
- Intermediate level: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous experience using Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels, via Teams and face-to-face
- Experience of meeting deadlines and working in a dynamic and exciting environment
- Very high standards of accuracy and presentation
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work proactively on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multitask
- Proactive ‘can do’ approach
- Must enjoy a challenge and have a positive outlook
Beneficial Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience and/or strong interest in bid coordination
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience of working in an architectural practice/construction industry
Our benefits package includes agile, flexible and hybrid working, (a minimum of 3 days in office, up to 2 days WFH) annual leave increasing with long service, life assurance, study sponsorship with paid study leave, sabbaticals, employee assistance programme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, virtual GP service, subscription fees, company day out, a volunteering scheme and enhanced learning & development opportunities.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
As world leaders of Heritage and Conservation, Purcell is committed to embracing diversity and equal opportunity within our international teams, reflective of the society in which we work and live.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and celebrate differences through our culture of employee ownership.
- Salary Offer £30,000