At Curve, we obsess about our customers. Through innovating and working iteratively to solve problems in the world of money that aren’t being tackled by conventional banking.
The purpose of the Brand Art & Design Lead is to build and maintain and evolve the integrity of Curve’s brand. Through organisation, strategic thinking, and breadth of design knowledge.
- Lead the work on the refinement and evolution of our brand. Working closely with the wider brand team to identify opportunities in the market to maintain a consistent, differentiated visual identity.
- Autonomously leading the brand design team. Establishing ways of working, concepting and bringing creative ideas to the table. Keeping the team working at pace, solving problems as needed.
- Manage, lead and nurture a team of brand designers. Identify areas for improvements in the creative process, and make meaningful changes to help us work smarter and faster. Be a key part in expanding our team.
- Collaborating and contributing to campaign strategies, briefing designers to execute as needed.
- Working with the copy team to conceptualise and bring forward “big ideas” for use across ATL, BTL, and OOH advertisements, social media campaigns, and product launches
- Having a full, in-depth understanding of our product and our mission, and using this knowledge to fuel conceptual thinking and strategy
- Transform learnings from industry trends and competitive analysis to help shape advance our visual identity and feeds into our brand strategy
- Own and maintain relationships and ensure everything released to outside vendors has gone through our release process, has relevant approvals, and is to spec
- Preparing and presenting creative team work confidently to leadership, both verbally and written. Presenting proposed concepts, ideas and strategies in an engaging, impactful way
- Approving work from the brand design team, consulting with other teams when they’re producing
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 7+ years as art director, designer who has experience designing campaigns and bringing them to market.
- Experience leading a design team, art directing and nurturing junior designers.
- Passion for collaboration with copywriters, creative leadership and beyond
- The ability to give and get constructive feedback and make relevant adjustments based on it
- A portfolio that is fresh, diverse, and shows how you approach and solve problems.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) as well as Figma
- In depth knowledge of print & digital standards and best practices
- Master of colour theory and typographic genius
- Always on top of design trends, and industry happenings
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Pristine organisational habits
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience 5 - 10 Years