As an AML & CTF Specialist, you will be responsible for conducting periodic reviews and assisting FinCrime teams with other AML/Compliance activities as required. You will undertake AML processes such as Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Risk Assessments, Monitoring and Reporting. The role requires risk-based analysis and decision making and proactive collection and validation of required information to support timely client on-boarding and matter processing in-line with regulatory requirements.
- Review and assess the AML and reputational risk associated with new and existing customers.
- Interact with customers to collect mandatory documentation required to complete EDD successfully, reviewing and verifying documentation received.
- Thoroughly document research and analysis completed on clients and/or matters in a manner suitable for review by internal and external stakeholders e.g. Regulators, Audit, AML Compliance Manager.
- Perform and review client and matter risk assessments and make risk-based decisions based on the analysis undertaken.
- Complete appropriate research in order to obtain a good understanding of a customer and related parties in order to monitor customer’s activities for unusual transactions.
- Provide AML advice and support to internal stakeholders: CDD team, Fraud Mitigation team, and CX team.
- Perform investigations where there are ML/CTF suspicions regarding customers and/or matters and escalate findings clearly and concisely for internal review by the MLRO.
- Act as a point of contact for the FinCrime team and other internal teams in order to resolve challenges timely and efficiently.
- Assist with any other AML Compliance-related matters or projects as identified and by the Compliance Team or MLRO.
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- 1-2 years experience in Financial crime environment.
- Experience working within UK and EU regulated markets.
- Knowledge of The Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) guidance.
- AML qualifications such as CAMS or ICA.
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience 0 - 2 Years