Salary: Circa £23k
Overview: Responsible for day-to-day administrative support for the Grants Team.
The Trust owns, is responsible for and is largely funded by the surplus generated by its world-renowned trading subsidiary, London Marathon Events Ltd. (LME), which organises the most popular marathon and the biggest one-day annual fundraising event in the world. When Chris Brasher and John Disley created the London Marathon in 1981, their vision was to inspire people to become active and to generate funds to provide grants for sport and recreational facilities. They created The Trust as the parent charitable company and sole shareholder of what is now LME to enable the surplus from the London Marathon, and all future events, to be passed as corporate gift aid to The Trust. The success of the portfolio of running, cycling and swimming events organised by its trading subsidiary has enabled The Trust to award grants totalling more than £90 million to over 1500 projects across the UK, making The Trust one of the UK’s major charitable funders of initiatives to encourage people to take part in physical activity.
About the role
Key responsibilities of the role include:
General Administrative Support
Supporting the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the LMCT Team by:
- Being first point of contact at LMCT for all general queries received via telephone and email (including managing the info@ and strategic@ email inboxes).
- Taking accurate minutes of Grants Committee meetings and relevant sections of Trustee meetings, and coordinating input from the team as required for all internal meetings.
- Organising external meetings with partners and stakeholders as required.
- Supporting the Data & Insights Officer and Governance Manager with managing LMCT’s online and hard-copy filing systems.
- Coordinating the weekly LMCT update to all staff within the London Marathon Group.
- Supporting senior leadership (Executive Director, Facilities Grants Lead) with administrative tasks as required, including some diary management.
Supporting the effective and efficient administration of LMCT’s grant-making and Grants Team by:
- Organising and minuting Grants Team meetings and recording key actions, and any other internal team meetings as required.
- Serving as the first point of contact for applicants, grantees, and stakeholders, providing initial advice and guidance.
- Undertaking basic due diligence checks on organisations/projects and assessing their eligibility.
- Supporting with day-to-day correspondence with grantees, including grant agreements, progress reporting, impact reporting and invites to meetings/events.
- Coordinating the grant agreement sign-off process.
- Supporting the grant payment process, including coordinating the approval process and working with the Finance Team to ensure grants are paid.
- Supporting the Grants Team to keep LMCT’s funding database up to date and accurate.
- Supporting the planning and organisation of webinars for grantees, partners and stakeholders (including administration of LMCT’s Strategic Partners Forum).
- Supporting the planning and delivery of team events, away days and other social activities, including team birthdays.
- Liaising with London Marathon Events as required regarding Group events and activities.
Attendance at LME/LMCT all staff meetings.
What do we have on offer?
- An opportunity to make a difference to society
- An incredibly rewarding job
- A company that you will be proud to work for
- Flexible ways of working
The other benefits:
- 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a ten day Christmas shutdown
- On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
- Wellbeing allowance
- Personal Health insurance
- Excellent employer contributions into our pension scheme
Recognised as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces and a top 20 Best Workplace for Women by Great Place to Work, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work.
This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential added value you’ll bring to London Marathon Events.
We strongly value diversity within our workforce, and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, lived experience, ideas and culture to the company. This difference brings with it great strengths, including diversity of thought and innovation.
We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing flexible working options, provided we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
Please apply via the button below. To discuss further, you can call the Inclusive Recruiting recruitment team on 0203 397 8333.