Location: Manchester, UK
Purcell is an award-winning architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We employ talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 11 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
Purcell are expanding our team and are looking for an exceptional Architect or Senior Architect to join our Manchester Office. We’re after a result driven, highly motivated individual to focus on the delivery of a mixture of bespoke architectural projects, winning new business and leading and developing others.
We are a progressive practice, so you’ll need to understand our culture and strategy, identify opportunities and be responsible for developing staff. It’s an entrepreneurial job, with lots of responsibility and the freedom to deliver results. This role offers the opportunity to be lead in the delivery of projects at all RIBA stages working collaboratively with a broad consultant team. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and talented Project Architect to join our friendly Manchester team. We are keen to talk to architects with around 5 years post-part III qualification experience. Applicants should be skilled in the delivery of architectural projects through all work stages, with the ability to successfully lead a team. Excellent technical and conservation skills, as well as strong design skills, will be essential in this role.
We are looking for candidates who have the following skills:
- Part 3 qualified and have working as a Project Architect for a UK based practice or equivalent professional qualification.
- Project management and contract administration skills
- Have excellent technical skills
- Conservation experience
- Have a strong understanding of the UK Building and Planning regulations
- Leadership experience managing a small to medium sized team
- Experience of taking responsibility for the financial success of projects
- Well organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Proven experience working on all RIBA stages
- Demonstrate good client-facing communication skills
- Excellent technical detailing
- Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills
- Experience in using and or managing others using technical software. AutoCAD, Revit and NBS software is desirable
- Salary Offer Competitive salary